POETIC meeting participants:
Welcome to Berkeley Lab! Following are some directions to downtown Berkeley and the meeting room.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE AIRPORT TO DOWNTOWN BERKELEY:
BART - Take BART from the airport to the Downtown Berkeley Station. Please read the instructions posted on the BART website (below) for detailed instructions, train schedule, and transfer point to the Downtown Berkeley Station. http://www.bart.gov/guide/airport/airport.asp
AIRPORT SHUTTLE - If you prefer to take a shuttle from the airport, we suggest you use Bay Porter Express. Their toll free number is 1(877) 467-1800. Simply call them when you have picked up your luggage and they will have a shuttle there within 20 minutes. Their website is: http://www.bayporter.com/
LBNL SHUTTLE INFORMATION:
LBNL SHUTTLE INFORMATION - Site Access has a list of all POETIC attendees. Tell the driver you are attending the POETIC meeting and show ID. Depending on the bus driver, he may require you to get off at the gate to check in with security. Some drivers will allow you to go up to building 65.
Here is the website where you will find the Off-Site Shuttle Service Route and schedule information.
The BLUE shuttle bus will take you up to the Lab. Please be sure you are on the Blue shuttle. If not, you will need to transfer to the Blue shuttle. The follow the directions below.
Monday - Wednesday: THE CONFERENCE ROOM IS IN BUILDING 54, ROOM 130 (PERS HALL)
- Once on the blue shuttle bus, ask the driver to let you off at the building 50/70 bus stop.
- Take that little path that goes left around the building (which is bldg. 70). You will see a picnic area after you walk up the stairs.
- Building 54 (which is also the cafeteria) is across the picnic area.
- Enter the building, pass through the cafeteria and take a left.
- Room 130 is at the back of the cafeteria.
Thursday - Saturday: THE CONFERENCE ROOM IS IN BUILDING 59, ROOM 3101
- Take the BLUE shuttle bus.
- Ask the driver to let you off at Building 65.
- Directly across from the bus stop is Perlmutter Road.
- Go up Permutter Road. Follow the yellow signs “Wang Hall Pedestrians.”
- This will take you past some picnic tables.
- Jog slightly to your left then go right into the main doors. (You are now on the 3rd floor)
- The conference rooms are straight ahead.
- The POETIC meeting on Thursday through Saturday will take place in the main Conference room, #3101, which is directly ahead of you as you enter the building.
- The first 3 days of POETIC will take place in the smaller meeting conference room, #3104. This room is to the left of the main conference room. Turn to your left as you walk in, then take an IMMEDIATE right.
Location and Directions:
Building 59 (Shyh Wang Hall), Conference Room 3101
Participants can stay on-site guest house or an off-site hotel in Berkeley.
On-Site Hotel Option
1 Cyclotron Road, Building 23
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 495 - 8000
Nightly Rate: starts $140 -
Note: when make reservation, use Feng Yuan or Jane McCall as the contact person and Nuclear Science Division as affiliated division.
Off-Site Hotel Options
**In order to get the Government rate, you must mention that you are a guest of Lawrence Berkeley Lab. Note: book early as hotels only have a set number of rooms at the government rate.
2001 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Nightly Rate: starts at $129 + tax
(2) Bancroft Hotel
2680 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Nightly Rate: starts at $210 + tax
Government Rate: starts is $139.00 + tax
(3) Hotel Shattuck Plaza
2086 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Nightly Rate: starts at $317 + tax
Government Rate: starts at $175 + tax
(4) SenS (Note, it is about a 5 block walk to the shuttle stop)
1538 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94709
Nightly Rate: starts at $189 + tax
LBL starts at $169 + tax